Thursday, March 15, 2007

Super Mario Through the Years


Although choosing the best Mario game for many can be debatable (not for me, however – I happily proclaim Super Mario World as the definitive title in the entire series), there’s no arguing that the graphics in the series have improved over time. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane (and later, when we get to the upcoming Wii adventures, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario, the future, as well) and compare the visuals found throughout the Super Mario adventures.

The 2D years (in chronological order)

The 3D Years


I did not include any handheld Mario adventures, as I am not quite such a die-hard fan of those and I did not feel that they were essential to this list.

Also, here's a quick update on Super Mario Galaxy: Although a specific release date has not been confirmed, it's definitely slated for release this year. So far early versions of Super Mario Galaxy have been receiving great feedback from players. All I know is that more Wiis are bound to fly off shelves once this monster of a title hits... I hope it makes up for 2002's rather dissappointing Super Mario Sunshine...








Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Ross said...

Also, I had everything nicely labeled but then Blogger decided that it would turn it into a huge mess of a post with those, so I had to remove the labels. I'm sure you guys know which Mario title is which though...

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Yep, we definitely do (didn't even notice they were missing, really). Curse blogger! Hug Mario!

An absolutely brilliant post!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

..the little fecker hasn't grown an inch in all that time....

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger D.Guess said...

Good ol' Mario, lol. I totally agree with you too about "Super Mario World."

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Ida Berglund Noréus said...

Hello!
My name is Ida, and wondering if I could copy and borrow some pictures from this post?. It should be used for a job that I doing in graphic history at school about Mario, and it will only be reported once to my class.

best wishes
/ Ida Berglund Noréus
mail: ida1992_@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us