Saturday, May 03, 2008

How Hardcore is Your Game?


Game manuals - ever read those things? If you're anything like me (or the vast majority of gamers) you probably never even bother cracking them open. However, sometimes giving them a quick scan can prove rewarding. Just take a look at this hilarious line from Acclaim's "hardcore and edgy" 2004 soccer title, Freestyle Street Soccer:

"Bragging? I'm not bragging. I am merely stating a fact, you low-life - I can kick your fat ass! And I will now prove it to you, you bonehead. That is, if this message is getting through - I AM BETTER THAN YOU!".

Erm, yeah. The game itself is passable (one of those mediocre titles that isn't particularly good or bad). How, the undeniable best part of Freestyle Street Soccer is that line from the instruction book included inside.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Oh my... not Dostoevsky, is it? Still, I'm not gonna give up oving (demanding too) manuals yet...

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

Sometimes I read them, but it varies on the game. I always read manuals for Madden and RPGs. Other times, there is a fairly informative in game tutorial to walk me through the steps.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Most manuals these days suck. Probably so you go out and buy the Limited Editions or Strategy Guides!!

Otherwise I love manuals and the artwork within them!! :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

Who the hell buys guides?

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

gnomes....

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guides are only for newbie gamers. No thrills at all if you're using a guide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us