Monday, February 25, 2008

HD-DVD: Stick a Fork in It, 'Cause It's Done...


Microsoft has finally announced that they will no longer be producing the HD-DVD add-on for the Xbox 360. Due to poor sales and the declining support of the HD-DVD format (and the simple fact that it's sole rival, Blu-Ray, is doing tremendously better in the marketplace), you will no longer be able to purchase this failed add-on.

I think that the vast majority of people following the Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD war saw this news coming. HD-DVD has continued to struggle, and with most major movie companies supporting Blu-ray exclusively, this should have truly come at no surprise.

Still, I'll continue to use my good ol' fashioned DVD discs - I'm perfectly content with viewing films that way. Who wants to see all of the hyper-detailed effects anyway - such as the pimples on actor's faces?

Source

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

No surprises there.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Quite good news really, though I'm definitely not switching from DVDs yet either. Probably HD_DVD drives with tons of movies bundles should be hitting bargain bins soon. Nice.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Ross said...

HD-DVD drives for the 360 now sell for a paltry $49.99 at most major retail chains here in the U.S. - and that includes the deal where you get five free HD-DVDs by mail as well!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I don't even know what the hell the difference is between HD and Blue Ray. I remember the sex being the same in the movie 300 HD (at my friends house). Then, I saw the sex again from the movie 300 on my PS3 but didn't notice a difference.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was just about to grab one of these for Christmas last year...

Sooo glad I held out. Heck, grabbing this along with movies from the bargin bin doesn't sound too bad.
Theres a lot of HD movies out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us