Sunday, March 09, 2008

Super Smash. Bros Brawl Finally Hits Stores... But With Some Disc Issues


My Wii has been sitting untouched for quite some time now, so I (and millions of others of eager gamers) decided to pick up the latest title in what may be Nintendo's most popular franchise: Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Although my shiny new copy works fine, many gamers have been complaining of their copies not functioning on their Wii consoles.

The problem? According to the big N itself, dust:

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem. (Please do NOT attempt to clean the lens yourself, as you may damage the system.)" says Nintendo on their website.

I'm sure more than a few gamers are absolutely devastated by this news. I mean, if you went to the midnight release last night you'd know what I'm talking about... Nintendo fans of all ages were literally taking flips (yes, that actually happened) and snapping photos of themselves with their prized new copies, overly excited to play it... well, they're just going to have to wait a little while longer to play Brawl. In the mean time, why not read a good book, or, perhaps, Pro-Gamer? Now if you excuse me, I have to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake.

Source

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger A Blogger said...

great post nintendo needs to fix that fast

hey man will u add me to ur blog roll my site is secondstorygamer.com i just added u

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I can't comprehend what is so amazing about these Brawl games. Are they really that brilliant? My friends go crazy for these Brawl games, but I don't know why. To me, Power Stone 2 is the best multiplayer fighting game and am certain that father also agrees with me.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Ross said...

A Blogger, I'll definitely add you! Thank you for checking out my blog!

Funnyman, while I enjoy the Smash Bros. series I'm going to have to agree with you. In terms of kooky fighters I'd rather play Power Stone or Marvel vs Capcom 2

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

Finally!!! I am glad that someone other than Father sees my point of view on these Smash Brother games.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My Wii has been collecting some major dust lately... Maybe I will pick this one up.
Never played the one before it, but this looks to be fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us