Friday, January 18, 2008

Free Xbox Live Arcade Game Finally Unveiled!

To compensate for weeks of glitchy and finicky Xbox Live servers (often to the point of unplayability), Microsoft announced last month that they would make up for this by offering Xbox Live gamers a free game off of Xbox Live Marketplace. No one knew whether that meant it would be a hand-picked game by the big M or a title of someone's choice, but it was revealed today that Undertow will be the free offering.

Undertow is an action shooter set underwater. Despite being somewhat of an obscure release, Undertow has garnered mainly positive reviews from most sources. Official Xbox Magazine enjoyed is enough to rate it a highly-impressive 9 out of 10. Not bad at all!


Although I was hoping it would be a free game of our choice (of at least 800 Microsoft points, in which I'd save for the upcoming Rez HD), I guess this is decent enough. Hey, as already stated, Undertow is supposed to be pretty damn good. You must claim your free game from the 23rd to the 27th (of this month).

Source

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I was caught off guard when Xbox Live went out of service, but I barely noticed it because I was on PSN. It is still a damn shame that all Microsoft is offering is a free game. What kind of ludicrousness is this? I want some Microsoft points.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Niiiiiiiiceee!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger NebachadnezzaR said...

I actually think this is pretty sweet. I mean, they could've just forget about it and move on, but no, they're offering us a free game, and not just a crappy game but a good one judging by the reviews.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I noticed that this free game was actually worth 800 Microsoft points. Hopefully, the price is worth the quality.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Thomas Mulrooney said...

Looking forward to playing this. Unfortunately I got a typical error when I tried but that's Live for you.

I'll try again soon :-)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Ross said...

Keep your expectations low - I didn't play it for very long, but besides the great visuals the game is very underwhelming.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I haven't played an Xbox Live Arcade game since Prince of Persia, so I might give this one a chance.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Ross said...

You have one more day to download it. After that it will cost ya 800 Microsoft points.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I already downloaded it on the first day I heard it was free, but I haven't got around to playing it yet because I have been playing Unreal Tournament 3, Devil May Cry 4 demo, and Burnout Paradise.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arcade arcade top online 100

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us