Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Reviews of Old Games

Yeah, I'm almost positive that no one's gonna care one bit about these ancient 360 and Wii launch titles. But, just because I feel like writing about them, here's some mini-reviews of old games that you can buy dirt cheap now.

Kameo Elements of Power (Xbox 360)

As soon as you jump into Kameo you are right in the climax of the title. Unfortunately, it sets you up with a bit of a let down, as the rest of the experience is slower paced and not nearly as interesting as the beginning of the title. Once you get beyond the gorgeous next-gen visual “wow” factor you will discover a title crammed with puzzles a three-year old could solve and some rather laughable character design. Sure, the beautiful environments are a sight to behold and some of the bosses are rather enjoyable to take down, but if you missed Kameo during the Xbox 360’s launch years ago then there’s no reason to give it a try today, especially now that the console’s library has blossomed.

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360)

Sure, it fails to break any new ground in the genre, but the racing engine is so solid that you’ll fail to care. Microsoft’s third entry in their premier racing series is the most refined version yet. Sure, it’s not leaps and bounds above its predecessors, but if you want a solid online racer then you should look no further than Project Gotham Racing 3. Hell, it still has a healthy online community, even in 2008!


Elebits (Wii)
I’m a sucker for originality, but Elebits is one of those instances where it’s unique to a fault. The game play revolves around catching hidden Elebits throughout a home, and the concept is just as boring as it sounds. The storyline is another issue… it’s so kid-oriented that your younger brother would probably be embarrassed to play it. The impressive, lighthearted soundtrack is Elebits’ only redeeming quality.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kameo was one of the first games I picked up. Thought the graphics were pretty tight. Some places looked gorgeous. Once I beat it, that was enough for me. I could of went back to unlock everything, but the game was the same as the first play through.

PGR3 was great for me, because I love the cockpit view for racers. Finally got rid of it after PGR4 came out.

Elebits sucked. The only thing I liked was the art direction.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

I don't what it is about Kameo, but it always reminded me of Beyond Good and Evil.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kameo was the first game I got for the 360 and I remember I thought it looked gorgeous. Looking back, it doesn't look that great haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us