Thursday, November 15, 2007

Artists See Record-Sales Increase Thanks to Guitar Hero III


It’s no secret that the recent gaming phenomenon, Guitar Hero, has been widely successful at retail, but how about the bands that have their music featured in the newest entry, Guitar Hero III? According to Roadrunner records (perhaps the most successful metal label of all time), albums have seen a dramatic spike in sales!


Dragonforce, whose fast-paced metal song ‘Through the Fire and Flames’ appears in the series latest entry, has had nearly a 130% increase in weekly sales for their album ‘Inhuman Rampage’. Other popular bands on the label, such as nu-metal heroes Slipknot, also have also seen a staggering increase in weekly album sales.


This news finally proves that many people who dig a song on a game will most likely run out and buy the album for the respective artist. Hey, even I’ve done it in the past Perhaps more music labels will want to get their music in video games now that this information has been released…


Source

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree since I knew nothing of Dragonforce before this came out. I am now a big fan because I respect how fast the musicians play. I will now purchase every Dragonforce album they produce now.

I have been a fan of this site for a while but have never commented but I feel you should write for magazines. You are too good to be underground.

Do you have a donation page I would like to donate like $5 since you have entertained me for free so long.

By the way, I purchased 3 Buckethead albums because of Guitar Hero II.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

The third Guitar Hero was impossible to beat on the hardest difficulty. I tried it and failed miserably.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger NebachadnezzaR said...

Great for them! I already knew them before GH3 (in fact, they, along with Iron Maiden, In Flames and others, were the reason for my to buy GH3) and they definitely deserve good sales for they play some great music.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger fatherkrishna said...

Guitar hero? I'm all about Samba De Amigo! I need a serious update...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us