Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: A New Age of Online Fighting Has Been Confirmed!

After months and months of speculation and rumors, it’s finally official: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be hitting the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 as a downloadable title this summer.

Revealed last night (April 27th) by Capcom, this PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace-exclusive re-release will not only include all of the features of past editions of this title but online play as well. Based off of the Dreamcast code (which is as closest to “arcade perfect” as console renditions go), Marvel vs Capcom 2 will also contain HD widescreen support, new volume and sound options (such as the ability to use custom soundtracks – who wouldn’t want to hear “Wanna Take You For a Ride”, though?), and every character and option will be unlocked from the get go. I’m especially joyful about that last update, as I’ve already spent a countless hours playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2 and having to unravel everything again would be overkill, to say the least.

Even more intriguing is that this announcement has already affected the values of PS2 and Xbox editions of this title. Previously two of the most expensive titles for their respective consoles, the prices for these out of print games have plunged since the announcement of the superior downloadable update last night. Good thing I unloaded my copy of the PS2 edition awhile back for nearly 100 gorgeous dollar bills. Now I just have to wait two more months for online 2D fighting perfection.

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Oh come on! I want this kind of games for the Wii too! The Dreamcast you know doesn't do online Marvel vs Capcom.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

April 27!!! Ironically enough, that was my birthday.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Ross said...

Hey guys! I haven't been on here for awhile, otherwise I would have commented back sooner!

Gnome, the closest thing on the Wii is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and that's strictly an import-only right now. Drat...

Happy birthday Funnyman! Even though I'm a bit late... Get any games as gifts?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger The Sports Satirist said...

Hey thanks. No, I didn't get any games. My friends and family have no clue what my game preferences are. But I did receive a giftcard and cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us