Saturday, June 03, 2006

Xbox 360 BC "Not Important", According to Peter Moore

Dont expect to play MVC2 on 360 anytime soon.


So, you shelled out $400 for an Xbox 360. In doing so, you sold off your original Xbox. Hey, you’ll be able to play most if not all of your original Xbox titles on your shiny new 360 sometime down the line, right? Well, Peter Moore of Microsoft thinks that you don’t care about backward compatibility:

"Nobody is concerned anymore about backwards compatibility. We under promised and over delivered on that. It's a very complicated thing... very complex work. I'm just stunned that we have hundreds of games that are backwards compatible."

I don’t know what Moore is thinking, but the majority of people I’ve spoken too have held backward compatibility in high regard. Hell, even Microsoft did in the beginning, as here is an early quote about this subject:

"Backward-compatibility is not the reason people buy a new system," said David Hufford, Microsoft Xbox group product manager. "The perception is that it is significant. We've put all our energy into new titles, but since our consumers have asked for it...we've made it a goal to make all titles backward-compatible."

How can Microsoft say something like this, brining up everyone’s hopes and making us expect nearly every Xbox title to become backward compatible , and then basically say that its not important? Worse yet, Peter Moore went to as far as to say that the over-delivered. Um, compare the two quotes. It sounds like they under-delivered to me, originally saying that they would make it their goal to have every Xbox title backward compatible and now saying that its not significant. They should follow through on their claims, and this may come as a big blow to 360 owners who spent big cash on the system expecting to at least play most of the games from their Xbox collections after a certain amount of time. Hey, I wouldn’t want my old collection to go to waste.

Article Source

Article Source #2

6 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger gnome said...

You are right. Unfortunately though Microsoft seems to thrive on customer dissatisfaction. Weird that...

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Wedge14 said...

I don't think they even planned on making things backwards compatible from the start. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't there means of slowly "releasing" the backwards compatible games to us quite half assed?

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yep on a quarterly basis! like waiting for crumbs at the master's table. Some uber secretly difficult technical process involved. Still we got "barbie's horse adventure".

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Theres about 3 or 4 games I would of continued playing for a while and it really pissed me off when I first got my 360, but now that I have a few more games I havent worried about it to much...

Dont get me wrong tho' -I could see where some people might have a crap load of xbox games still wanting to finish or play... Especially if I was a parent buying a 360 for my kids and they could not play their stock pile of old games!!!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog!! You can find comparable 360 box sales x info on my 360 box sales x blog

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog about ebay uk found it very informative. I found a good website which also features ebay uk and ebay uk. The link is great for **uk bargains** including Nintendo Wii, PS2, PS3, games consoles and features famous online stores inc Argos, Marks and Spencer, Empire Direct, LX Direct, Tesco, Next. There is also a chance to play online bingo and try your luck at the online gambling sites available inc roulette, poker and fruit machines. I've also found another site for **free soccer links**. Hope you find these sites interesting - all the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us