Monday, March 27, 2006

Sony Halts the Production of Playstation Consoles


Over eleven years (since the original Japanese release date in 1994) and more than one hundred-million console sales world wide later, Sony is halting the production of their original world-dominator, the Playstation.


Well, let’s face it: you can probably count the number of gamers who don’t own a Playstation (or a way to play PSX games in the form of a PS2) on one hand, and if they haven’t bought one at this rate, then they’re probably not going to own one anytime soon. Still, the PSX had an amazing run, even if the games have been on the decline for a few years now (save for the countless piece of trash budget games we have been seeing released these past few years). I wont forget all the great times I’ve had with the little grey machine that good, and mines been in storage for a few years now (my PS2, with its back-word compatibility, takes care of playing the old, black bottomed PSX discs). R.I.P. Playstation.

12 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Tom Charnock said...

you forgot to mention those of us who play psx games on our Dreamcasts!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger gnome said...

And I never owned a PSX, nor wanted one... (I could actually enjoy its games with a variety of people who actually owned the bloody thing)

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've owned 4 of those sexy little grey life ruiners. Godbless them!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger gnome said...

4! What's the bleeding point?

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was young and didn't take care of my stuff. So I broke 2 and wore the laser out on the other 2.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Tom Charnock said...

I never owned a PSX either...I always rooted for the underdog. I had the choice and got a Saturn, then after a few years solid service traded the Sat for an N64. I actually feel sorry for all those PSX bummers that never got to play NiGHTS or Ocarina of Time!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Ross said...

What about those who own them all? :-)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger gnome said...

Lucky sods...

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Tom Charnock said...

Back in the day, you only had one console. Now we're all a bit older, got jobs etc I suppose we can buy whatever we want

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Not, everyone's got a real job you know... Not a decently paying one at least..

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Ross said...

..Or even a legal one...

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger gnome said...

Who wants a legal one??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us