Sunday, February 19, 2006

What Can be the Cause of Final Fantasy VII's Recent Price Hike?


Am I the only one who finds the recent price inflation for Final Fantasy VII a bit weird? I thought everyone and their brothers had this game, yet it’s been very sought after on online auction sites such as eBay and Amazon.com as of late. A few months ago the average asking price on eBay was a mere $13 for a used Greatest Hits copy, and now it’s around forty dollars! Hmm, maybe it’s because fanboys have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? But shouldn’t they have their copies of this game by now? Hmmm, maybe if I consulted a psychic a few months ago and asked them in the value of Final Fantasy VII would go up in the future, in which they would say ‘Yes’ because they’re, y’know, psychics, then I could have bought a couple sealed copies at Circuit City for $7.50 when they were still clearancing the PSX games out and resold them for a huge gain in profit (sealed Greatest Hits copies are going for $70 on eBay at this time).

The fans buying these games at this time, however, will never be as hardcore as that one person who bought a sealed non-Greatest Hits version in 2004 for a whopping $500 (!!!!) . Now that’s a Final Fantasy fan!

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I traded my copy for FFTactics. Recent events make me regret ever so slightly.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ross said...

That reminds me, I need to actually play through my copy of Final Fantasy Tactics. I bought it half price at the Toys R' Us 50% off sale in August for $7.50. I've only passed like two levels since then, seemed interesting at the time.

I dont want to make you feel bad, but you could have sold FF VII and bought a few copies of Final Fantasy Tactics to hand out at the local orphanage. I'm sure the kids would appreciate it. What kinda person are you anyway?! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us