Saturday, January 06, 2007

The DS Dominates the Holiday Season in Sales


What game system sold the vast majority of units this holiday season? How about Microsoft’s powerful Xbox 360? Nope. PS3? C’mon, the scarce amount of units available during this time period would make it impossible for it to be Sony’s shiny black box. Was it the Wii? Once again, no, but the next choice might involve Nintendo. So what system was it then?

Nintendo’s very own DS. Despite it being a handheld and on shelve for over two years, the DS sales are still going incredibly strong and it even outsold the three major consoles (and it’s portable rival, PSP, but this was expected, as it has been doing so for months now). Thanks to a reasonable price, a strong software library, and the fact that Nintendo is known for putting out stellar portables (let’s just forget the Virtual Boy ever happened…), the DS owned this holiday season.

The DS’s popularity made for shortages and riots (okay, there were shortages but no riots, but it sounded good, eh?). Not only was the DS a massive success in North America but it also sold great in it’s homeland of Japan and in pretty much every other region as well. All of this great DS news makes me want to pop in my Animal Crossing: Wild World cart and play for a few hours…

Article Source

5 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger fatherkrishna said...

Go DS! Go DS!

I love my DS, which I procured almost by accident after the insurance company gave me one when my house was burgled, to replace a Gameboy Colour.... At first i simply used it to play GBA games, but when I popped in X Men DS this Christmas, the joy of the touch screen and stylus were revealed to me... if you're interested in my thoughts on the game there is a full review on Gnome's Gaming On The Go (Links on Saturn junkyard).

But suffice to say I think it is the best! It satisfies my Nintendo cravings until I get my Wii in 2009...

LOL! :)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger gnome said...

Aha! So you're another DS appreciator ross... Good, good... Oh, and father, you actually had a Gameboy Color? Wow!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Random J said...

Owning sales and PSP is what DS does best.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had my hands on a psp before xmas, now im not so sure... confusion confusion.....

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog about argos hours of opening found it very informative. I found a good website which also features argos hours of opening and argos hours of opening. The link is great for **uk bargains** including Nintendo Wii, PS2, PS3, games consoles and features famous online stores inc Argos, Marks and Spencer, Empire Direct, LX Direct, Tesco, Next. There is also a chance to play online bingo and try your luck at the online gambling sites available inc roulette, poker and fruit machines. I've also found another site for **free soccer links**. Hope you find these sites interesting - all the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 PG Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us